Dudley Very Light Rail Test Track
Trackwork were awarded the design and build contract, acting as Principal Contractor for all Infrastructure elements of this scheme.
The Very Light Rail (VLR) national innovation centre at Dudley with its extensive Test Track, provides research and development laboratories alongside manufacturing, conferences, teaching and training facilities.
The scope of works include:
- Grip 5 Design.
- Removal of existing twin track system & recycling of materials.
- Track bed formation and capping.
- 2Km of track of which 864m is within an existing Victorian brick tunnel.
- 3nr BV turnouts, together with motorised points and switch heating.
- 1nr manual operated BV7 turnout.
- 1nr Elektroline embedded tram turnout.
- Excavation, drainage, ducting, walkways, modular platform (including power provision), lighting and fencing.
- Brickwork structural repairs to various structures including the tunnel.
- Construction of a prefabricated aluminium clad Train Maintenance Building with pits, 3 phase power, overhead gantry, heating & lighting.