Old Oak Common Crossrail Depot, London
Trackwork were awarded the contract to supply and install the permanent way infrastructure to the Old Oak Common Crossrail Depot.
This depot provides the stabling and maintenance facilities for the fleet of trains on the Elizabeth line. The Operations, Maintenance and Control (OMC) building provides 9 maintenance roads, with stabling provided via 33 ballasted track sidings.
The scope of works included:
- 9.8km of CEN56E1 Plain Line ballasted track on reclaimed F Type sleepers
- 2.3km of concrete embedded Track
- 1.2km of elevated track fully welded on steel stub columns
- 640m Track directly installed to Pit Walls
- Manufacture & Installation of 47 no. BV8 Turnouts
- Installation of 65 Nr Modular Vehicular Road Crossings
- Concrete Embedded Rail to Trainwash
- Manufacture & installation of 42 no. Buffer Stops