PTS + DCCR Re-cert – 2 DAYS
PTS Primary Objectives
At the end of the training the delegate will be able to:
- Demonstrate their ability to interpret correctly the Rule Book GE/RT 8000 Series or Guide to Personal Track Safety or PTS Key Point Card NR9922 and relevant local instructions when required to go on or near the line.
- Demonstrate their understanding and ability to follow a Safe System of Work.
- Introduction and workbook Exercise
- Personal Responsibility
- Emergency Situations
- Communicating Clearly and Emergency Phone Calls
- Knowledge Assessment
- Completion of Post Course Training Objectives
DCCR Primary Objectives
- Describe the principles of the DC Electrified system.
- Identify the main components of the DC conductor rail system.
- Identify hazards and risks associated with being near or adjacent to the DC conductor rail.
- Describe how to cross the DC conductor rail safely.
- Describe how to transit tools and equipment safely across the DC conductor rail.
- Describe defects that would render insulated tools and equipment unfit for purpose.
- Identify hazards associated with working within DC isolations.
- Describe the work safe and emergency response procedures
- Identify the three risk control areas as stated in NR/L3/MTC/0152.
- Explain how to safely transit tools, materials and equipment within the DC electrified area.
- Workbook exercise
- Knowledge review and Assessment.